Dr. Kayem is an otolaryngologist (ENT or Ear, Nose & Throat doctor), and facial plastic surgeon. These 2 specialties are part of the head and neck training that all ENTs in the US have to go through. Dr. Kayem has been a physician for over 30 years and has accumulated extensive experience in both otolaryngology and facial plastics. Otolaryngology encompasses the soft tissues of the head and neck, excluding the spine and the brain. The following are a list of some of the common issues that Dr. Kayem treats as an ENT:
- Laceration repair.
- Scar excision and reconstruction.
- Facial fracture repair.
- External Ear: This includes ear wax removal, foreign bodies, swimmer’s ear infections, …
- Middle Ear: Middle ear infections, ear tubes for kids with recurrent ear infections, otosclerosis, …
- Inner Ear: Including tinnitus (ringing), hearing loss, vertigo, …
- Nasal allergies.
- Sinus problems.
- Nasal polyps.
- Nasal blockage or congestion.
- Deviated septum.
- Mouth sores.
- Growths in the mouth.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain.
- Tonsil problems and enlarged adenoids.
- Swallowing problems.
- Post nasal drip.
Neck (soft tissue) problems:
- Swollen neck glands.
- Salivary gland problems.
- Lumps, growths, or masses in the neck.
- Thyroid problems.
Facial skin issues:
- Skin cancers of the face.
- Facial reconstruction.